POLICY AND PROCEDURE FOR THE PUBLIC INSPECTION AND COPYING OF PUBLIC RECORDS IN LIEU OF CUSTOMARY BUSINESS HOURS
1) Requests for public inspection and copying of public records may be made verbally and/or in writing.
2) Said requests may be directed to the township official or authorized individual responsible for said public records.
3) Any requests made pursuant to Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act, shall be made to the FOIA coordinator and shall be subject to the statutory requirements of FOIA.
4) If verbal request is made, the responding township official or authorized individual shall prepare a checklist of item or records requested to be copied or inspected. Said listing shall be presented to the requesting party on the date set for inspection or copying.
5) The responding township official or authorized individual may require the requesting party to counter sign the check list to indicate compliance with the verbal request.
6) The responding township official or authorized individual shall be responsible for the production of the requested copies.
7) The requesting party shall be billed for the copies and preparation time, if applicable, pursuant to the schedule of charges established by the Township Board.
8) If the request is for inspection of public record, the responding township official or authorized individual shall respond in a timely manner, not to exceed 5 business days, from the date of said request. Said response shall indicate the date, time and place when said public Inspection of the requested public records shall take place.